Friday, September 3, 2010

Cloth Wipes

I've put a lot of thought into cloth wipes. Done a lot of window shopping. I didn't want to buy a bunch without knowing if I was really ready to make the switch. I was definitely ready to try them though not ready to commit to buying them! So like a genius I thought of those magic things already created for the purpose of wiping that are readily available... wash rags!!! Yes, I know, who'd have thunk it! So I went to the local big box mart and found 18 packs in summer/ independence day colors on clearance for $4 and got a couple of packages. They are 12 x 12 and quite soft. Added bonus, one pack had a few extra!! So I stripped them alone in the washer and dried them. I fold them in thirds like a letter and fold one end in and several fit in a huggies plastic wipe tub. Too many in fact. I make a simple wash solution from a few drops of baby wash or shampoo, few drops vit e oil or baby oil and hot filtered water til they are wet enough. The vit e will serve as a slight preservative but don't make too many at once or they'll get sour. You can mix the solution in a spray bottle and keep the wipes dry til use also. Anyhoo I'm not going back to disposables and will be buying some cloth wipes soon to add to my wash rags♥

1 comment:

  1. OOPS!! I forgot the most important (IMO) ingredient in the wipe solution... Dr. Bronners Hemp soap, a couple of drops of this also!!

    ReplyDelete